|| April 22, 2014
|| Eric Baker, Special Projects Manager
|| 360.337.4495 or
Emily Salzberg, WSU Program Manager
If unable to
reach the contact person please contact Doug Bear, Public Communications
Manager at 360.337.4598
RePower Kitsap provides new opportunity for residents to save money and
(Port Orchard, WA)
The RePower Program is back, ready to serve all of Kitsap County. RePower
helps Kitsap County homeowners:
- Save money through energy-efficient home improvements.
- Increase the comfort, health and safety of their homes.
- Boost the economy by supporting jobs through a robust,
local network of trained contractors who perform energy
efficiency upgrades chosen by homeowners.
The RePower Program makes it easy to save energy by offering in-home
energy assessments and 100 percent financing at low interest rates.
Building on three years of excellence provided by RePower Kitsap, RePower
Bremerton and RePower Bainbridge Island, RePower has improved over 1,500
homes in Kitsap County since 2011 and saved homeowners an average of $500
per home per year.
In 2014, new features of the RePower Program include:
- Customer service and technical support for Kitsap County
- Training and lead generation for the RePower contractor
- Collaboration with real estate professionals, appraisers
and home inspectors to ensure that energy efficiency
upgrades are considered when determining home value at time
- Unbiased energy efficiency information, including
quality assurance of work completed.
Kitsap County administers the RePower Program with funding from the State
of Washington and in collaboration with the Washington State University
(WSU) Energy Program. The WSU Energy Program provides technical training and
support for RePower customers and participating contractors.
For more information, visit
www.RePowerKitsap.org or call 877-741-4340.
– # # # –