Alien Firearms License
Who is required to have this license?
A non-immigrant alien who
is a resident of
Who is NOT required to have this license?
A permanent resident of
A non-immigrant alien NOT
What does this license allow for?
· It allows a non-immigrant alien to purchase or possess firearms for the purpose of hunting or sport shooting for a period of two years in Washington State.
Where is this license applied for?
The county sheriff’s office
where the applicant resides. For the case of Kitsap County Residents,
applications will be only accepted at the
Port Orchard Office
For the case of Kitsap County Residents, applications will be only accepted at the Port Orchard Office
What are the application requirements?
·An Alien Firearms License Application submitted to the county sheriff’s office, which can be downloaded here.
· A valid passport
· A valid visa
· A valid hunting license or proof of membership of a sport shooting club
· Payment of the license fee
What are the application hours?
Application hours are 9:00-11:00 am and 1:30-3:30 pm weekdays, excluding holidays. The application process takes about 30 minutes.
What is the fee?
· Depending on the type of fingerprinting that the sheriff’s office is equipped for the fee is either $80.25 (Live Scan) or $90.25 (manual). Cash, check, or money order made payable to KCSO (Kitsap County Sheriff’s Office.)
How long does the application process take?
· The sheriff’s office has up to 60 days to complete all of the required background checks.
THIS LICENSE IS ONLY VALID FOR TWO YEARS AND IS NOT RENEWABLE.
For more information about firearms law:
If you would like to
obtain more information pertaining to
state firearms laws,
call the Department of Licensing in Olympia at (360) 664-6616, or select this
link to the
Department of Licensing
for answers to some frequently asked questions.
For questions regarding federal law pertaining to firearms, or if you would like to obtain a copy of Federal Firearms Regulations, please write or call:
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco,
Firearms and Explosives (ATF)
For additional information, please select this link www.atf.gov.
January 17, 2017
Chief of Support Services
Concealed Pistol Licenses and Fingerprinting hours are from 09:00am to 11:00am and from 1:30pm to 3:30pm, Monday through Friday at the Port Orchard and Silverdale Offices.
If you would like to be notified of new media releases, please
Deputy Scott Wilson