Kitsap County Sheriff's Office
614 Division  MS-37, Port Orchard WA 98366 Phone:(360)337-7101 * Fax:(360)337-4923

Concealed Pistol License

Firearms Dealers click here

For Alien Firearms Licenses click here

For CPL application click here

When do I need to have a Concealed Pistol License?

RCW 9.41.050 requires you to have a concealed pistol license when:

  • You are carrying a pistol concealed on your person or,
  • You are carrying or placing a loaded pistol in a vehicle.

Where do I apply for a Concealed Pistol License?

If you live in the unincorporated area of Kitsap County you must apply in person at the Sheriff’s Office in Port Orchard or Silverdale.  If you live in an incorporated city within the county, you must apply in person at either the city police department or Sheriff’s Office.  Non-Washington residents may apply at any local law enforcement agency in Washington State.   Our address is:         

Kitsap County Sheriff’s Office – Port Orchard
614 Division St
Port Orchard, WA 98366

Kitsap County Sheriff’s Office – Silverdale
3951 NW Randall Way
Silverdale, WA 98383



What are the application hours?

Application hours are 9:00-11:00 am and 1:30-3:30 pm weekdays, excluding holidays. The application process takes about 30 minutes. The application form can be downloaded here.

Is there a background check?

Yes.  You will need to be fingerprinted and a criminal history background check will be conducted before your license is issued.

Are there other requirements?

Yes.  The following requirements must be met:

  • Resident of Kitsap County or a Non-Washington resident
  • 21 years of age or older at time of application
  • Be a United States citizen or a permanent resident alien, living in Kitsap County, with a permanent resident card (green card), unless you already have an Alien Firearms License
  • No pending trial, appeal or sentencing on a prohibitive charge
  • No outstanding warrants for any charge, from any court
  • No court order or injunction against possessing a firearm
  • No mental health restrictions
  • No felony convictions
  • No convictions for any of the following crimes when committed by one family member against another on or after July 1, 1993;
    • Assault IV
    • Coercion
    • Stalking
    • Reckless Endangerment in the second degree
    • Criminal Trespass in the first degree
    • Violation of the provisions of a protection order or no-contact order restraining the person or excluding the person from the residence

How long does it take before I receive my license?

If you are applying for your first concealed pistol license, it may take up to 30 days to complete the background check before the license is issued.  If you do not have a Washington driver’s license or identification card it can take up to 60 days.

What documents will I need to bring with me?

You will need to bring:

  • Picture identification, (i.e. Washington driver’s license or identification card)
  • A fee of $48.00. cash, credit card, check, or money order made payable to KCSO (Kitsap County Sheriff’s Office).  This fee is non-refundable.
  • If you are Active Duty Military and do not have a State of Washington driver's license or ID card, you will need to present your Military ID and a copy of your orders, showing that you are stationed in Washington State, in order to obtain your Concealed Pistol License within 30 days.

How long is my Concealed Pistol License valid?

Your concealed pistol license is valid for five years from the date your license is issued.  You will not receive a renewal notice and it is your responsibility to ensure your license has not expired.

How do I renew my Concealed Pistol License?

If you live in Kitsap County, you may renew your concealed pistol license in person at the Sheriff's Office in Port Orchard or Silverdale during the hours of 9:00-11:00 am and 1:30-3:30 pm weekdays, excluding holidays.  You may renew your license up to 90 days prior to the expiration date for a fee of $32.00, or up to 90 days after the expiration date for a late renewal fee of $42.00. You must provide picture identification and your current concealed pistol license. After 90 days you will be required to apply for an original license with a fee of $48.00.  

What if I lose my concealed pistol license?

If you live in Kitsap County, and your license has been lost, stolen or destroyed, you may obtain a replacement license. You will need to apply in person at the Sheriff's Office in Port Orchard or Silverdale during the hours of 9:00-11:00 am and 1:30-3:30 pm weekdays, excluding holidays. The fee for a replacement license is $10.00

Does Washington have reciprocity for Concealed Pistol Licenses with any other states?

Washington has reciprocity or accepts concealed pistol licenses issued by a number of other states, so long as the handgun is carried in accordance with Washington law. The Washington State Attorney General's web site provides a list of those states that have reciprocity with Washington for concealed pistol licenses.

For more information about firearms law:

If you would like to obtain more information pertaining to state firearms law, call the Department of Licensing in Olympia at (360) 664-6616.  You may also write to:

Department of Licensing
Firearms Unit

PO Box 9469
Olympia, WA 98504-9649

For questions regarding federal law pertaining to firearms, or if you would like to obtain a copy of Federal Firearms Regulations, please write or call: 

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF)
915 2ndAve, Room 790
Seattle, WA 98174
(206) 389-6800

 For additional information, please select this link


Last Updated:  October 03, 2016

Chief of Support Services
Dave White

(360) 337-7101

(360) 337-7104

(360) 337-7101

Concealed Pistol Licenses and Fingerprinting hours are from 09:00am to 11:00am and from 1:30pm to 3:30pm, Monday through Friday at the Port Orchard and Silverdale Offices.


If you have an emergency or need a Deputy to respond, do not email. Call 911.

If you would like to be notified of new media releases, please contact:
Deputy Scott Wilson
(360) 337-5698

Web Coordinator Email


To Request a Report or Other Public Record Email

Download Adobe Acrobat reader