. Kitsap County Solid Waste Curbside Yard Waste Collection Programs Link to Kitsap County's Mission Statement
Public Works - Solid Waste Division
614 Division Street, Port Orchard, WA  MS-27
Phone: (360)337-5777 * Fax: (360)337-4867










360 337 5285




Curbside Yard Waste Collection Programs                                           

Are you tossing yard waste in your trash can? If you are, you're paying too much to manage your trash. Cost-effective curbside yard waste collection is now available in all burn ban areas*. When you sign up for the service, you can conveniently recycle grass, leaves, yard and garden trimmings, branches, and food scraps. Yard debris collection costs less than garbage collection. 

What Goes in the Yard Waste container Food and Yard Waste - What Goes In  (PDF)

You can recycle 90 gallons of yard waste at curbside for less than it costs to dispose of 32 gallons of garbage. Poulsbo and Bainbridge Island customers call Bainbridge Disposal (206.842.4882); all other areas call Waste Management (800.592.9995) to sign up.

* Residential Burn Ban Map shows areas where burning of residential yard waste and land-clearing debris is prohibited and restricted. Curbside yard waste collection is currently available in the Residential Burn Ban area only.

Yard Waste Drop-Off Recycling Programs                                             

Your least expensive drop-off option is to recycle at the facilities listed below.

Woody Debris - Drop Off

Yard Waste - Drop Off

Materials accepted include grass, leaves, other garden trimmings and branches.


Chippers are a great way to reduce larger branches and other woody debris into a great mulch for trees and woody plants. If you want to chip branches, you have several choices: you can hire a chipping service, rent a chipper, buy your own chipper, or buy a chipper for communal use through your neighborhood association. Check the list of chipping services in your area. 

Backyard Composting                                                                       

Backyard composting is a free and easy way to recycle grass, leaves and other small woody debris into a high-quality soil amendment.

 Need More Information?                                                                       

360.337.5285    Kitsap Public Health District
Call to report garbage burning or submit an online complaint.

911    CENCOM
Call to report outdoor burning in burn ban areas and nuisance fires anywhere.

Puget Sound Clean Air Agency-Links to local and statewide information about burn ban regulations, recycling and other outdoor burning alternatives.

America Lung Association-Asthma information

Kitsap County Public Works
Kitsap1: 360.337.5777

Updated:  February 08, 2017
Everyday Kitsap Newsletter
Everyday Kitsap Newsletter

Comp Plan cover image
Solid and Hazardous Waste Management Plan  
Waste Wise @ Work logo

Waste Wise @ Work

What Do I Do With It web page link