The proposed amendments to Title 17 (Zoning) relate to the Port
Gamble Rural Historic Town and adjacent rural areas. The revisions are crafted
to limit their impact to these areas. The proposed amendments revise:
• Development regulations including parking, street design and signage included in a Town Master Plan.
• Review requirements for site design and architectural standards to maintain consistency with the Town Development Objectives (TDOs).
• Allowed uses in the Rural Historic Town and adjacent Rural Residential and Rural Wooded zones.
• Establish limitations for newly allowed uses in the Rural Historic Town and adjacent Rural Residential and Rural Wooded zones.
• Notification requirements to local Tribes for specific uses in a Rural Historic Town
• Agricultural code definitions and limitations for certain agricultural uses in the Rural Residential and Rural Wooded zones adjacent to the Rural Historic Town.
Below please find a Staff
Report for the proposed amendments that reviews the proposal for consistency
with the Growth Management Act, Countywide Planning Policies, Kitsap County
Comprehensive Plan and development regulations. It includes the full text of
the amendments being considered (Attachment A) as well as other visual aids.
Gamble Code Amendments and Staff Report
Port Gamble Code
The draft amendments will be
heard by the Kitsap County Planning Commission on February 4, 2020. Public
testimony will be taken in written and oral forms at and before this hearing.
Full details regarding the hearing are below.
To provide testimony in advance of the hearing, please
submit them to Eric Baker, Policy Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 614
Division Street MS-4, Port Orchard, WA 98366.
Please click on Current Project link for specific staff member associated with that project or contact the Commissioners' Office front desk at 360-337-7080 for more project information.
Eric Baker - ManagerJennifer Haro - Policy AnalystAlex Jarrett - Administrative Specialist