You have requested the presence of a witness at your contested hearing. You are entitled to subpoena any witness, including the officer who issued the Notice of Infraction. You may do so by following these procedures:
1. Fill out a Subpoena Request Form(s) and return it to the court at least
14 days prior to your hearing date. Upon receipt of the completed form, the court will prepare the subpoena(s) and return it to you for service with a return of service form(s).
2. You are responsible for serving the subpoena(s). Additionally, you are responsible for any cost incurred for service, appearance and mileage of each witness. The following can make service:
3. If a person other than a Sheriffs' Deputy serves the subpoena(s), a Return of Service Affidavit form must be completed, signed by the person who served it, and filed with the court by the hearing date.
4. To accomplish personal service of a subpoena(s) on a law enforcement officer:
5. If you request the presence of a
SMD (Speed Measuring Device) Expert, you must serve the request on the Kitsap County Prosecutor, on a separate pleading, and file a copy with the court at least 30 days prior to the hearing.
Click below for a copy of the Subpoena Request.
Subpoena Request Form