Based upon the mandates imposed by our local, state and federal health officials to reduce the spread of the COVID-19 VIRUS, the Kitsap County District Court will not be hearing name changes until June 15, 2020 (date subject to change).
An applicant for a change of name, pursuant to RCW 4.24.130 shall meet the following requirements:
1. Petition for Name Change may be filed in the following location:
2. Petitioners must be residents of Kitsap County.
3. Separate Applications – each applicant requesting a change of name must present a separate Petition for Name Change and pay a separate filing
fee and recording fee.
4. A filing fee of $83.00 must be paid at the time of filing the petition, cash, check or credit card.
5. Active DOC or Required to Register as a Sex Offender: Must comply with notification requirements of RCW 4.24.130(2) for those under the jurisdiction
of Washington State Department of Corrections and/or RCW 9A.44.130(8) for those required to register as a sex offender.
Name changes must be recorded with the County Auditor’s office (360-337-4935) and all applicable fees must be paid by the petitioner.
Name changes are not in effect until paid and recorded.
Petition for Change of Name - Adult Petitioner
Petition for Change of Name - Parent Petitioner for Minor
Petition for Change of Name - Minor Petitioner