COVID-19 update:

Based upon the mandates imposed by our local, state and federal health officials to reduce the spread of the COVID-19 VIRUS, the Kitsap County District Court will not be hearing name changes until July 6, 2020 (date subject to change).


An applicant for a change of name, pursuant to RCW 4.24.130 shall meet the following requirements:

1.         Petition for Name Change may be filed in the following location:

​Kitsap County District Court ​Hearings are held Monday thru Friday
​614 Division Street, Room 106​Check in no later than 8:30 a.m.
​Port Orchard, Washington 98366​for a 9:00 a.m. hearing

2.          Petitioners must be residents of Kitsap County.

3.          Separate Applications – each applicant requesting a change of name must present a separate Petition for Name Change and pay a separate filing   

             fee and recording fee.

4.          A filing fee of $83.00 must be paid at the time of filing the petition, cash, check or credit card.

5.          Active DOC or Required to Register as a Sex Offender:  Must comply with notification requirements of RCW 4.24.130(2) for those under the jurisdiction

             of Washington State Department of Corrections and/or RCW 9A.44.130(8) for those required to register as a sex offender.


 Name changes must be recorded with the County Auditor’s office (360-337-4935) and all applicable fees must be paid by the petitioner. 

Name changes are not in effect until paid and recorded.

Forms for name change below :

Petition for Change of Name - Adult Petitioner

Petition for Change of Name - Parent Petitioner for Minor

Petition for Change of Name - Minor Petitioner