Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

​Protection Order Forms and Information

If you have a protection order, remember:

    1. Keep a copy of your order with you at all times.
    2. The order is enforceable throughout the state of Washington, the United States, and in U.S. territories.
    3. If you move to another state, you can take a copy of your final order to the local court in your new state or territory to register it. Registration is not required, but it can help with enforcement.
    4. If there is a violation of your protection order, call 9-1-1 or your local police. Tell them you have a court order and it is being violated.

Whether or not you have a protection order, if you are being harassed,
threatened, or assaulted, call 9-1-1 or your local police!

Important Notice – District Court personnel are not permitted to fill out any forms. District Court personnel are also not authorized to give legal advice. District Court strongly encourages an unrepresented party to seek legal advice from an attorney. If you need help, please review the "Guide To Website Forms" on the District Court website.

The information contained here is intended to address the most frequently asked questions. It is not comprehensive and should not be construed as legal advice.

Civil Protection Order Forms
*Forms required to open a case
*Petition For Protection Order

*Law Enforcement And Confidential Information

Motion To Modify Or Terminate Protection Order


Instructions Proof of Service

Motion For Renewal Of Protection Order

Motion To Realign Parties

Motion To Transfer Case To Superior Court

Notification To Court Of Respondent New School

Proof Of Publication

Proof Of Service


Summons by Publication
Civil Protection Order Weapons Surrender Forms
Declaration Of Non-Surrender

Declaration Of Protected Party

Motion For Order To Release Weapons

Motion To Set Show Cause Hearing - Contempt

Motion To Surrender And Prohibit Weapons

Proof Of Surrender

Receipt For Surrendered Weapons And CPL

Antiharassment Protection Order (AHPO)

To protect against unwanted contact or behavior that causes substantial emotional distress and serves no legitimate or lawful purpose. The contact could be a pattern of behavior that occurs over time, or a single act or threat of violence. The contact must be directed specifically at the protected person and be seriously alarming, annoying, harassing, or detrimental.

Stalking Protection Order (SPO)

To protect against stalking behavior that serves no lawful purpose and has reasonably caused the protected person to feel intimidated, frightened, under duress, significantly disrupted, or threatened. The respondent either knows or should know that their behavior causes those feelings, even if that was not respondent's intent.

Domestic Violence Protection Order (DVPO)

To protect against domestic violence or threat of violence by an "intimate partner" or a "family or household member." Domestic violence may include controlling behavior ("coercive control"). Petitioners may seek protection for themselves and for family or household members who are minors or vulnerable adults.

Link to the Washington State Guide to Protection Orders.