Here is a quick reference guide to your zone. This information is a summary of your zone’s purpose, allowed uses, density, dimensions, and setbacks. The tables below do not include prohibited uses.
This information summarizes Kitsap County Code and is subject to change. For full information about your zone, please see the Official Kitsap County Code.
In all permit-related decisions, the Official Kitsap County Code governs.
The regional center zone is intended to encourage flexible land uses, recognizing that the exact configuration of uses must be responsive to community needs and market conditions. Uses may be mixed either vertically or horizontally. Such a mix of uses is encouraged within individual projects and/or between adjacent projects. This zone is intended to foster a development pattern focused on the public street that will provide for an integrated, compatible mix of higher density housing and commercial businesses and services. Mixed use development as defined by Section 17.110.485 is encouraged and incentivized within this zone but not required.
(Ord. 534 (2016) § 7(5) (App. E) (part), 2016)
Please note that the tables below only include what is allowed in the corresponding zone and does not include prohibited uses.
Use Table - Permitted Use (P) = This table shows allowed uses that are permitted within the zone with the appropriate permit from the Department of Community Development (DCD). Click here to explore DCD project/permit types.
Use Table - Administrative Conditional Use Permit (ACUP) = This table shows the allowed uses that are permitted within this zone, but will require an Administrative Conditional Use Permit (ACUP).
Use Table - Hearing Examiner Conditional Use Permit (C) = This table shows the allowed uses that are permitted within this zone, but you will be required to apply for an Conditional Use Permit (CUP) to establish conditions to protect public health, safety and welfare and subject to approval by the hearing examiner.
(19) All development within the Silverdale Design District boundaries must be consistent with the Silverdale Design Standards.
(48) Within urban growth areas, all new residential subdivisions, single-family or multifamily developments are required to provide an urban level of sanitary sewer service for all proposed dwelling units unless exemptions identified in Section 17.460.020 allow for the implementation of a dry sewer.
(57) Unless the permit application is a Type III quasi-judicial action, when a component of development located within a commercial or industrial zone involves the conversion of previously undeveloped land, land developed with a residential use, or land developed with a less intensive use which abuts a residential zone, it shall be treated as a Type II administrative decision.
(88) Uses allowed on the Poplar’s property, as defined by the Silverdale Design Standards, shall not be subject to footnotes 84 through 87 until such time it is substantially redeveloped; but will be subject to all special provisions of this title.
(101) Transitory accommodations allowed only pursuant to Chapter 17.505.
Silverdale Design Districts and Standards
Silverdale Design District map
Silverdale Sub Area Plan (pending)
use or structure
Accessory use or structure
Auto parts and accessory stores
repair and car washes
Boat/marine supply stores
(85) Use requires an administrative conditional use permit (ACUP) or hearing examiner conditional use permit (C) if located on the Central Kitsap Community Campus. (See Silverdale Design Standards.)
Custom art and craft stores
Day-care center, family
Engineering and construction offices
Farm and garden equipment and sales
Financial, banking, mortgage and title
General office and management services – less
than 4,000 s.f.
General office and management services – 4,000
to 9,999 s.f.
General office and management services – 10,000
s.f. or greater
General retail merchandise stores – less than
General retail merchandise stores – 4,000 to
General retail merchandise stores – 10,000 to
General retail merchandise stores – 15,001 to
Laundromats and laundry services
Off-street private parking facilities
Personal services – skin care, massage,
Pet shop – retail and grooming
Tourism facilities, including outfitter and
Veterinary clinics/animal hospitals
Club, civic or social
Movie/performance theaters, indoor
Museum, galleries, aquarium, historic or
Parks and open space
Air pilot training schools
Adult family home
Convalescent home or congregate care facility
Dwelling, single-family attached
Residential care facility
Automobile, recreational vehicle or boat sales
General retail merchandise stores – 25,000 s.f.
Lumber and bulky building material sales
Mobile home sales
Recreational vehicle rental
Tourism facilities, including seaplane and tour
Carnival or circus
Movie/performance theaters, outdoor
Recreational facilities, private
Recreational facilities, public
Places of worship
Private or public schools
Public facilities and electric power and natural
gas utility facilities, substations, ferry terminals, and commuter park-and-ride
Cemeteries, mortuaries, and crematoriums
Kennels or pet day cares
Race track, major
Assembly and packaging operations
Food production, brewery or distillery
Manufacturing and fabrication, light
Bucklin Hill Center
Clear Creek Village
Kitsap Mall Center
Min. density (du/acre)
Max. density (du/acre)
Min. height (feet)
35 ft fronting Silverdale Way
Max. height (feet)
55 ft/85 ft
UH: 55 ft/85 ft
RC: 55 ft/85 ft
65 ft/125 ft
Max. impervious surface coverage
Max. lot coverage
Min. front (feet)
UH: 20 ft
RC: 20 ft
Max. front (feet)
UH: 5 ft
RC: 10 ft
firstname.lastname@example.org (360) 337-5777
619 Division St. Port Orchard, WA 98366
Planners & Review Staff Available:
Monday - Friday 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Permit Technicians & General Lobby Hours:
Monday - Thursday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Friday 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Need more assistance? We are here to help!
My Commercial Business
Do I need a Building Permit Brochure [pdf]
Is My Lot Buildable? Brochure [pdf]
Commercial Building Plans Requirements Brochure [pdf]
Construction Plan Items Brochure [pdf]
Kitsap County Code
Silverdale Design District Map
Silverdale Design Standards
Protect My Natural Environment