The 1/10th of 1% Sales Tax for Affordable Housing/Community Investments in Affordable Housing (CIAH) program was created to support low-income families and/or households in need of supportive housing, shelter, and behavioral health services in Kitsap County. CIAH is funded through two sales and use tax sources Revised Code of
Washington (RCW) 82.14.530 and RCW 82.14.540 collected from eligible purchases throughout Kitsap County, outside of Poulsbo and Bainbridge Island, with a combined annual estimate of $5.5 million.
Up to 40% of the funding is designated for:
Call 360.337.5777 or email email@example.com
CIAH serves households earning less than 60% of the area median income (AMI).
Family Size 60% AMI
The AMI is county-wide and is adjusted each year.
Along with income requirements, CIAH serves the following household types:
· Persons with behavioral health disabilities
· Senior citizens
· Persons who are homeless or at-risk of being homeless (any household earning less than 30% AMI), including families with children
· Unaccompanied homeless youth or young adults
· Persons with disabilities
· Domestic violence survivors
Questions about CIAH? Contact Joel Warren, Program Supervisor by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 360.621.1482
Keep up with what's happening with CIAH and subscribe here to receive important news and information