Share your values about the Puget Sound region and give input on future growth strategies detailed in the draft VISION 2050 plan of the Puget Sound Regional Council.
By 2050, the central Puget Sound region will be home to nearly 6 million people – a 40 percent jump from today. The Puget Sound Regional Council's VISION 2050 is the guide for how this growth can support thriving communities, a strong economy, and healthy environment.
The draft VISION 2050 describes how the region should grow and preserve what people value about the region – a healthy natural environment, economic opportunity and great communities – and also address affordability, equity, climate change and other challenges.
VISION 2050 lays out policies and actions for guiding growth to create healthy places to live and work, while protecting the region’s forests, farms and open spaces. The plan talks about where cities and counties will encourage more housing and jobs, and how transportation will connect people to where they need to go. The draft VISION 2050 plan calls for:
• Increasing housing choices and affordability
• Providing opportunities for all
• A strong economy and balanced job growth throughout the region
• Significantly reducing greenhouse gas emissions
• Transportation that connects centers and improves mobility
• Growth focused in centers and near fast and frequent transit
• Restoring the health of the Puget Sound
• Protecting a network of open space
Visit https://www.psrc.org/our-work/regional-planning/vision-2050/get-involved for an online open house, more information and the opportunity to submit comments. The public comment period is open until Sept. 16, 2019.
Questions? Contact PSRC at VISION2050@psrc.org or (206) 464-7532 .
For all current items Click Here
For previously posted items Click Here