Keeping Kitsap Clean

The Clean Kitsap partnership removes and prevents litter and illegal dumping in public spaces and assists eligible people with private property cleanup.

Here are 4 ways you can help us keep Kitsap clean:


Illegal dumping

Report illegal dumping

Report illegal dumpsites on public property using the SeeClickFix website or mobile app.

Report illegal dumping on private property to the Kitsap Public Health District.

Call 911 if you see illegal dumping in progress.


View our data dashboard on illegal dumping.


Tips for hiring a junk hauler

If someone you hire hauls away materials and then dumps them illegally, you may be responsible for cleanup and disposal costs. If you suspect someone is improperly disposing of materials, report them to the Kitsap Public Health District.

  • Pay for waste removal up front, but wait to pay for disposal until you see a receipt from a legitimate garbage or recycling facility.

  • Ridiculously low prices indicate that your waste may be illegally dumped.

  • Ask the business you hire where they intend to recycle or dispose of materials.

Tips for property owners

  • Install gates or berms to prevent illegal entry onto your property.

  • Install "No Dumping" signs at access points to your property. Contact the Kitsap Public Health District to ask about getting these signs for your property.


Cover and secure your vehicle's load

​If you haul waste or debris in an open truck or trailer, you must cover your load every time. Not only is it illegal to drive with an uncovered or unsecured load, it contributes to water pollution and roadside litter.


View our data dashboard on roadside litter.


Adopt-a-Road, beach, trail, or park 

​Is your group or business looking for a way to make a difference in our community? Sick of seeing litter on your neighborhood walks? Become an Adopt-A-Road volunteer.


​Install a pet waste bag station

The Mutt Mitt program provides pet waste bag stations in qualifying areas.