Recycling, Compost, and Garbage Collection for Kitsap County Homes

Private service providers offer household garbage, recycling, and compost collection services in Kitsap County. Kitsap County Solid Waste does not perform curbside waste collection. 

Find the service provider in your area for complete details and to set up services.

Recycling and Garbage Service

Every home can set up curbside garbage and recycling collection. 

Recycling collection is included with garbage service. 

​​Cart sizes

Recycling: ​64-gallon wheeled cart

Garbage: Choice of garbage cart size

​​Pickup frequency

Standard frequency: Every-other-week recycling pickup, weekly garbage pickup.

Customers in unincorporated areas have a choice of weekly, every-other-week, or monthly garbage service.

​What can be recycled?

Curbside recycling guide (pdf) 

Recyclables must be empty, clean, and dry. No plastic bags. No shredded paper.

Accepted materials: Metal cans, paper, food boxes, cardboard (flattened), glass bottles and jars, and some plastics (bottles, jugs, jars, and dairy tubs only). ​

​Extra recyclables

Unincorporated County:  Regularly have extra recyclables that don't fit in the cart?Add a second cart for $1.40 per month. For occasional extra recyclables, secure them in a container labeled "Recycle" and set it next to your recycling cart. Make sure recyclables can't blow away or get wet.

Cities: Contact your service provider to ask about curbside options for extra recycling.

​Compost (Food and Yard Waste) Service

Most single-family homes in Kitsap County can pay for curbside compost collection for yard waste and food scraps.

Enter your address into our interactive curbside composting map to learn if your single-family home can receive curbside composting service. If your home is not eligible, complete the form to let us know you're interested.

If you have trouble using this map, email for help.

For prices and complete details, contact the service provider in your area.

​Cart size

​96-gallon wheeled compost cart

​Pickup frequency

​​Every-other-week pickup

​​What can be composted?

​Yard waste, food scraps (including meat and dairy), paper towels, napkins, and coffee filters.

Compostable "plastic" bags labeled BPI-Certified  are allowed.                        

Learn more about what can go in your compost cart.

​​Extra yard waste

Unincorporated County: ​There is a charge for extra yard waste left at the curb. View Waste Management's rates page for options. .

Cities: Contact your service provider to ask about curbside options for extra yard waste.


Apartments and Condos

Learn about services available to multifamily properties.

Find the Service Provider in Your Area


​Service Provider

​Unincorporated county

Waste Management- Kitsap County

​Online set-up or call 1.800.592.9995

​City of Bainbridge Island

​Recycling is included with garbage service.

Bainbridge Disposal

Call 1.206.842.4882.

​City of Bremerton

​Garbage and recycling collection is required. 

Waste Management- Bremerton

Online set-up or call 1.800.592.9995

​City of Port Orchard

Garbage and recycling collection is required.

Waste Management- Port Orchard

Online set-up or call 1.800.592.9995

​City of Poulsbo

Garbage and recycling collection is required.

City of Poulsbo Solid Waste Services

Call 1.360.779.4078.

 Related Links