How do I restore Firearm Rights?

​Petitioning the court for restoration of the right to possess a firearm is complicated. You should hire an attorney. An attorney can guide you through the process and help you do it correctly. If you choose to do this on your own, then you are responsible for knowing and following the law and complying with all the rules and procedures. Reinstatement of Firearms Rights is not possible in all cases. To see if you qualify, review the Revised Code of Washington (RCW 9.41.040 Unlawful possession of firearms—Ownership, possession by certain persons—Restoration of right to possess—Penalties) or contact an attorney.