File an Appeal


If you think that an error has been made in the valuation of your property, call the Assessor's Office at 360.337.7160, and discuss your concern with a county appraiser. You may call toll-free from Bainbridge Island 842.2061 or from Olalla 851.4147. The appraiser will examine the valuation of your property and may initiate further review. If you are still not satisfied, you may appeal the valuation to the Kitsap County Board of Equalization.


For the 2020 assessment year (for taxes payable in 2021) appeal forms must be received by the Clerk of the Board of Equalization by July 1, 2020 or within sixty days of the mailing date of your Change of Value Notice, whichever is later. 


For more information, call the Clerk of the Board of Equalization at 360.337.4424 or visit their webpage at: Board of Equalization.

Appeal forms may be mailed to:   (Click HERE for an Appeal Form)
Kitsap County Board of Equalization
614 Division Street MS-4
Port Orchard, WA 98366


Department of Revenue Brochure: Appealing Your Property Assessment to the County BOE

The appeal process is informal and does not require an attorney. However, you are required to submit clear and convincing evidence that the Assessor's valuation of your property is not correct. If you are not satisfied with the decision of the Board of Equalization, you may then appeal to the Washington State Board of Tax Appeals, which is also an informal process.