Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content


Community support groups requiring no fee:

Alcoholics Anonymous, for immediate help call:  360-830-6283
support for alcoholics in recovery.  Meetings are also open to alcohols who are still drinking.

Al-Anon, 1-888-425-2666, support for families of alcoholics.

Narcotics Anonymous, support for those addicted to drugs.

Low Income/Medicaid Providers click here

Substance Use Treatment Services Information, click here



Alcoholics Anonymous

Narcotics Anonymous
1-866-266-5991 (24 Hr)

Crisis Clinic
(360) 479-3033 (24 Hr)

Kitsap Recovery Center
(360) 337-4625
Treatment Referral

United Way of Kitsap County Info Link
Information & Referral Assistance

Washington Telecommunications Relay Service
1-800-833-6388 TT/TTY

Bipolar Disorder and Alcohol Addiction



Do I have a problem? Does my loved one have a problem?
A person might have a problem if he or she:

  • Plans to stop drinking or using for a while but is able to stop only for a couple of days.
  • Misses work or school because of drinking or use.
  • Experiences increased family conflict because of drinking or use.
  • Wishes that other people would mind their own business when it comes to his/her drinking or use.
  • Lies about drinking or use.
Other indicators that there may be a problem are: unusual behavior, anxiety, irritability or violence.

If I think there is a problem, what can I do?
Contact your private physician, if you have one. Call Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous, the Crisis Clinic, or a qualified counselor. Possible contacts are listed under the "Need Help? button to the right of this screen.

What help is available?
Kitsap County has many state approved agencies providing various treatment programs for alcohol and drug addiction. Community support groups such as Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous are also available.

What should I do if I have private insurance?
Contact your insurance provider to review your benefits. Some providers require a medical facility for treatment. See your physician for an assessment and referral.

What if I can't afford treatment?
The Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) provides people with support in seeking financial assistance due to incapacity from alcohol/drug addiction. In order to get this help, you need to establish your financial eligibility. Your eligibility is determined by the local DSHS Community Services Office. To get more information call (360) 478-4574.

What community support groups are available in Kitsap County?
Please click the "Treatment Options" button to the top of this page to see a listing of local treatment providers.

How do I get and assessment for court purposes?
Deferred prosecution is available only for people who believe alcoholism or other drug addiction problems caused the behavior that lead to the arrest. Everyone convicted of a DUI or physical control violation must undergo an alcohol or drug evaluation/assessment by a state approved alcohol/drug treatment agency (there is generally a fee for the assessment). The assessment requested by the court determines your involvement with alcohol and/or drugs and recommends the best course of action.

Can I be in contact with my family and loved ones while I am in treatment?
Yes. Alcohol/drug addiction is a family disease. Families and close friends are encouraged to be involved in treatment and receive education about addiction.

How do I find help for my child?
Have your child's behavior assessed at a treatment center that provides youth services. (See "Treatment Options").

What kind of a time commitment do I need to make during my child's treatment?
The answer to this question depends on the treatment program that you select. Some programs require weekly family therapy sessions.

Does a youth program encourage academic progress during treatment and does it work within the school to provide aftercare?
These are important questions to ask a treatment program before deciding which program is best for you.